Friday, March 4, 2011

Someplace Tropical

I don’t want to write if I can read
Please don’t make me think
I’d rather sing
I got nothing to say
But I can not close my eyes

No rest for the obsessively remorseful

When the time comes for you to rise and take a number
Take one for me I’ll be right over
Quick as I pull my shit together

I see colors and warm and dark
Hard and soft
Sweet and sour

Objects at rest are not at rest but do
Appear to be so until the instant
That it’s over.
Moving objects will continue but only for a while
Before gravity and friction take them down
And they will
Cuz they always do
Don’t think for a minute you’re something special
Everbody does
Forget about it
Shut your mouth forget about it
Everybody will
Simplify your life my friend and pay your bills
Plan a trip to someplace tropical

No comments:

Post a Comment